- 3 cups of sifted flour
- 5 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 375ml of milk
- 2 cups of pureed bananas
- 125g of melted butter
- ¾ cup of light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees Celsius.
- Sift first three ingredients together.
- Whisk pureed bananas, milk and butter together. (It is important that the pureed bananas are smooth and there are no lumps). Add dry ingredients gradually into wet ingredients, mixing well.
- Pour into well buttered small rectangular pyrex or oven roasting pan and bake for 20 to 30 minutes or till lightly browned on top and skewer comes out clean.
Aim for a flatter rather than high cake. Eggless cakes fare poorly when you try to bake them in deep/high dishes instead of flat, as they don’t have eggs to help them rise. This could lead to rawness in the center, whereas a flatter cake would cook evenly.